Frequently Asked Questions 

Does Partnering for Change operate direct services programs?

We do not provide direct assistance with individual housing issues. We welcome inquiries, however, regarding the enhancement of existing protocols and practices or the development of new protocols and practices to address housing instability in communities and within and between diverse services delivery systems. These include education at every level; child, youth and family services ; and healthcare and mental healthcare services delivery systems.

We do not operate direct services programs  for children, youth and families.

is Partnering for Change engaged in national advocacy?

We are aligned with national advocacy efforts across diverse sectors. Our work in the area of housing instability has been both informed and supported by national advocacy.

How can we identify indicators of housing instability in our community or among Our target populations?

Contact us to learn about our online survey to help identify the extent and types of housing instability most prevalent among your target populations – and gaps in resources and services to address them. The online survey may also indicate that housing instability is not a major problem.


Does Partnering for Change provide consulting or technical assistance?

We provide consulting to nonprofit organizations, individual schools and public school systems, healthcare and mental healthcare systems, and to all levels of government: federal, state, county, and city. Our areas of expertise include program development, capacity-building, technical assistance, and family-focused, housing-based policy and advocacy strategies.

In addition to direct consultations, interactive webinars & training sessions can be developed responsive to your specific needs. 

DoEs Partnering for Change work in other cities or states?

Please see opportunities to collaborate under PARTICIPATE.

Are there fees associated with consulting and technical assistance?

We offer introductory consultations by phone for up to one hour. Fees for consulting, training and technical assistance activities that develop from these initial contacts are based on the scope of work and may include incremental phases. 

Does partnering for change have assessment tools and other forms that we can use in our own programs?

Because the prevalence and types of housing instability may vary greatly in different neighborhoods and communities (including differences in inner city, suburban, and rural localities), PFC has developed general guidelines and is currently developing adaptable assessment and intervention frameworks.